Right inside this article we will going to highlight down some of the Happy Australia Day quotes. In the very beginning we would like to mention for the readers that Australia Day is a national holiday for the whole state of Australia. This holiday takes place on 26th January.
This day has been basically celebrated with the aim of memorizing the foundation of Australia in the year 1788 on the arrival of First Fleet of British Ships at Sydney Cove in the New South Wales and even the raising of the Flag of Great Britain at that site by Governor Arthur Phillip.
On this day the people of Australia takes them back into the time when Australia was estbalished. Special events are undertaken for all those people who show out their best contributions in making the Australia stronger and successful once.
Australia Day can even be lent out with the name of “Anniversary Day”, “Invasion Day”, “Foundation Day”, and “ANA Day”. Basically the day of 26th January is the hall mark of the announcement of British sovereignty over the eastern seaboard of Australia. In the year 1901 all the British colonies of Australia formed a Federation that is all marking the beginning of fresh Australia.
Apart from it, Australian Year Awards are even held in which all those people are honored that show out their best services in establishing a prosperous Australia. All those people are honored by Governor-General and Prime Minister. This day arrives with the countless ceremonies, events and even some of the cities undertake with the fireworks at night time that marks the end of the day with happiness and bringing smiles on the faces of people.
So here we have all ended up with the information of Happy Australia Day! We hope that this article would have come out as much informative for you all! In the end we would like to share up some of the Happy Australia Day quotes as well. You can share these quotes with your mate and friends for helping them to know the importance of this day.
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY QUOTES 2017:
- Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that. Andre Benjamin
- God bless America. God save the Queen. God defend New Zealand and thank Christ for Australia. Russell Crowe
- In Australia, not reading poetry is the national pastime. Phyllis McGinley
- Australia is an absolutely fantastic country, but the only thing we lack is the ability to work harder. Dick Smith
- To live in Australia permanently is rather like going to a party and dancing all night with one’s mother. Barry Humphries
- Australia is an outdoor country. People only go inside to use the toilet. And that’s only a recent development. Barry Humphries
- The greatest and proudest moment moment of my life standing on the podium receiving the silver medal on behalf of myself and Australia. Graham Cheney
- Olivia Newton-John – Australia’s gift to insomniacs. It’s nothing but the blonde singing the bland. Minnie Riperton
- It’s definitely different in the States. Americans are much different people compared to us. We’re much more laid back. I itch to get back to Australia every summer because it’s so fast paced there and so stressful. Andrew Bogut
- I’d like to be seen as an average Australian bloke. I can’t think of… I can’t think of a nobler description of anybody than to be called an average Australian bloke. John Howard